Friday 24 November 2017

Forgetting you

I tell my friends I am over you
But yesterday when our 'mutual friend' mentioned your name
My heart skipped a beat
And it was all I could do
To not turn my mouth
Like I had just tasted blood again
I go out with eight different guys
Seven days of the week
And keep my schedule chalked to the T
I do all the things I love
Just so I don't have the time to think
How I love them a little lesser
Now that you aren't here anymore
I tell myself I have forgotten you
Yet sometimes
My fingers type your phone number on their own
As if they had their own mind
Which refused to forget
Exactly how your touch felt
And how perfectly your fingers
Filled the spaces between mine
No matter how many more fingers
They entwined with
No matter how many more
Lips they touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment