Friday 9 December 2016

Trails which lead nowhere

I walk on a lonely trail
laden with yellowing grass
And bereft of any sounds
except an occasional chirp
or a distant bark
It's as silent as the nights
when I lay over you
And words were neither a barrier nor a
prerequisite to understanding
our jumbled thoughts
Lost in our own worlds
with nothing except the sound
of your heartbeat keeping me rooted to our realities
which somehow seemed more fiction than
The concoctions I had designed in my head
A cold wind rushes past me and
I am taken back to the park bench that now lies abandoned
And wonder if it feels tricked too
Still hoping against all odds
That the two lovers would grace it again
And fill the silences with banters
they were often embroiled in
Even as I let my gaze wander off into what was
left behind a while ago
I walk forward
And watch as the old peepal tree sheds its leaves one by one
Which it so affectionately held onto
And wonder,
Is it also a part of nature,
That sometimes we have to shed people too.

No comments:

Post a Comment